Week 1

19 Sep 2011

It is now one week after I was admitted to hospital for my RNY procedure, and one week after I took my 'before' set of photos. In future I will make weekly updates to the blog charting my progress.

My diet so far these 3 days since I left hospital have consisted of:
  • Breakfast: Small glass bowl of yoghurt with a teaspoon of low-sugar apple sauce, blended
  • Lunch : Small cup of clear soup, made with a level teaspoon of chicken bouillon, with boiling water
  • Dinner: Small cup of clear soup, made with a level teaspoon of veg bouillon, with boiling water
  • Evening: Small glass bowl of yoghurt with a teaspoon of low-sugar apple sauce, blended
In between I have been drinking flavoured water. In Germany they have a range of such drinks from Azur, which unlike a similar range from Volvic is much lower in calories, being 1.0 kcal/100ml as opposed to 12.7 kcal/100ml (it has a much lower sugar content). I use a sports' bottle that I pour my water into, so I can take sips throughout the day.

I have not been feeling hungry at all, and the above has been quite filling.

 Here are the Week 1 pics:

120.5Kg BMI 39.8



So that is a weight loss of 5Kg (11lb), but most people lose weight when they have been in a hospital for major surgery, so does not reflect the true effects of the new stomach and diet just yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment