Week 3

I had the rest of my dressings off this week, and all wounds are clean and closed, except the drainage tube wound, but that is well scabbed and dry.

I went back to the UK at the start of this week for some TLC, and the opportunity to buy multivitamins whose labels I could at least read OK. I tried Tesco Complete 180, on special offer, 3 for 2, for £7.14, an 18 month supply. However, they are not chewable or soluble. I tried to suck one to death, but the taste was ghastly. The next day I tried one crushed in water, but again the taste was absolutely foul. I returned to Tesco and bought the Tesco Children's Chewable. At last! These multivitamins are not chewable (as gum) but can be sucked or crushed in the mouth, and are strawberry flavoured. They only provide 50% of the RDA so you need to take two a day. No problem!

I have been living on just 4 meals a day this past week:

  • Breakfast: WeightWatchers low fat, low sugar yoghurt, 120gm
  • Lunch: Vegetable Bouillon clear soup, small cup
  • Dinner: Protein shake, cup
  • Evening snack: WeightWatchers yoghurt
I was forced into a slight variation towards the end of the week, when the bouillon ran out, so I tried a regular soup. It was Carrot with Corriander, and was of a thick pureed consistency. It went down a treat. However, I will stick to the norm for the rest of the liquids phase, which just has another week to go.

Bowel Movements (skip if offends)
I had daily diarrhea, yellowy-green, up till this week. Then I had four days with nothing, then yesterday I had a 'regular' movement, brown and quite solid, so it looks to have settle down in that department.

Weighed myself, and was pleasantly surprised to see it was now 113.7Kg, BMI 37.55

As I didn't bring my camera with me to London, here is a pic from a camera phone of the current state of my wounds.


I think all with fade with no scar, except the bottom-right (looking at the picture), where the drainage tube emerged.

No comments:

Post a Comment