Week 17

10 Jan 2012

The Christmas/New Year period is over, and I finally got back to the scales to see what damage I had incurred. I had Christmas at home (turkey, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, carrots, gravy), then on Boxing Day we all went to Thailand for two weeks, where I had lots of amazing Thai food, plenty of ice creams, and a few other treats that definitely broke the rules! I am now amazed to see that I have actually lost just over a kilogram over the holiday period, so I am a very happy bunny.

I am noticeably thinner on top now, so I am praying that the perceived wisdom concerning hair loss is correct, and that I should start to regrow it at around 9 moths post-op. The incision marks have faded noticeably too, and should be hardly noticeable at 12 months post-op.

I have noticed that when I sit for more than an hour at work, or on flights, I get very sore on my bottom, at the base of my spine (the tailbone, or coccyx). I guess it is because all the padding that used to be there is now mostly gone. I must get a special coccyx cushion for work now.

Coccyx cushion

So, back to the weight. Today I weighed 96.7Kg (15st 3.2lb, or 213.2lb, that's a net loss of 28.8Kg (just over 4 stone 7lb, or 63.5lbs), and 1.1Kg loss over the Christmas holiday period!

Here are the progress photos:

96.7Kg BMI 31.94


Happy New Year to one and all :)

Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment