Week 2

Half-way through my 'liquids only' phase!

My diet was getting a little boring, yoghurt blended with a teaspoon of apple sauce, morning and evening, and chicken and vegetable broth for lunch and dinner. So I decided to try other things. Regular diet yoghurt (low fat AND low or no sugar) was tried next. I gave it a good stir to get the lumps out, and I must say it went down a treat.

I also tried my first protein shake this week, strawberry flavour, 2 teaspoons of powder in a small glass, and fill to 2/3 with milk and a good stir. It looked thin, but was quite lumpy and in the middle of the lumps was the powder. Next time I will use my hand blender and make 4 drinks' worth.

I had my stitches out this week, 10 days post-op. All the wounds looked good, but the one where the drainage tube came out of was still weeping a tiny amount of clear liquid.

Had another shower today, and took off my wet dressings to replace them. I had a good look at each wound and found that all had healed nicely, except the hole where the drainage tube had come out of, but that was almost closed now, and no sign of infection.

I am sleeping better now. I am a tummy sleeper, and now I am able to sleep on my tummy without any discomfort.

With multivitamins being so expensive in Germany, and only available through Apothecaries, I have decided to go home to England for two weeks for some TLC, and take advantage of the fact that I can buy Tesco's own Complete 180, 3 for 2 offer, for only £7.14. My medical insurance would pay if I get it on prescription, so I am in two minds whether to claim, or to fund it myself.

116.1Kg  BMI 38.35


 Just before I took my progress photos I weighed myself. 116.1Kg, a loss of 9.4Kg in 14 days (that's about 20.7lb, or just over 1.5 stone in old money).



No comments:

Post a Comment